Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 4- Faux Embossing

Happy Friday!  We have made it through the first month of the New Year.  

Earlier in the week I shared that I was participating in Clean and Simple 4 Techniques made Simple being presented on Online Card Classes.  Over the next couple of days I am going to share some cards showcasing some of the techniques learned.  I will admit there are some techniques I need to conduct some remedial training on, but there are some that I think I have got down pretty good.  All that being said here is the first card I am pretty giddy over.   The trick to this card is that your die cuts and panel must match in color.  I attached some double sided adhesive to the back of my cardstock and used Lawn Fawn’s Thanks die until I had enough cuts to cover my panel.  Next, I took the cuts and placed them on the card to see how I wanted them arranged.  Once satisfied, I peeled the backing off of my cuts and placed them on my panel.  A sentiment banner was heat embossed and put in place, and then the entire panel was popped on a white card base.



Supplies used:
Paper: #110 Neenah Solar White for base, Gina K Ocean Mist and Sweet Mango
Stamps: Mama Elephant Many Thanks;
Dies: Lawn Fawn scripty thanks, Lifestyle Crafts Rectangle
Thanks for stopping by and I hope your weekend is a crafty one.

6 comments:

  1. Nice color combo! That double-stick really is a lifesaver, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the double stick is a lifesaver. There is no telling how this would have come out if I had to use liquid glue:-)

      Delete
  2. Oh so CAS ... and love the way the message is shared in dry emboss!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sitting a spell with me.