Sunday, June 7, 2015

Wish Big

Hello Everyone.  Sorry I have been MIA, but my husband has been making me get out of the house and doing something other than sitting around obsessing over what my next project should be.  I will admit that I have not learned to just go with it when creating projects.  I overthink everything which causes me to either not finish the project or not like it when it is done.  I have to remember that there is no wrong when creating and I should really enjoy the process of making the project. 


This week’s project was created using a digital stamp from Make it Crafty called Meadow Girls Wishful Aisha printed using my Epson printer.  I let it set overnight just to try and avoid any smearing that may occur.  I will be honest though I have not run into a lot of that issue, Thank Goodness.  This lovely little girl was colored using Copic markers and used sponged my distress inks to create the background.  I lined up my Bella letters from Mama Elephant to create my sentiment.  Let me tell you, it was not an easy thing trying to get them lined up and I am still not sure they were as straight as possible, but I stamped them anyway using Ranger Black archival ink.  As I was looking at the project the sky seemed a little bare, so I grabbed a stencil I had created using my silhouette that seemed to go along with the little flower Aisha was holding.  I remember blowing on these little things as a kid and making wishes upon wishes.  I took my palette knife and some pearl modeling cream and scraped it over the stencil.  I made a mat for my project using a piece of 6 x 6 paper that I had.  I am not sure but I do believe it came in one of my Simon Says Stamp monthly kits, but don’t quote me.  I placed the whole panel on a white card base and I consider it done.

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend and your upcoming week is a peaceful oneJ

Supplies used:
Paper: Neenah Solar White #100, Hammermill #100 for focal panel;
Stamps and Dies: Make it Crafty Digital Wishful Aisha, Mama Elephant Bella Letters, Diezyne Stitched Rectangle, Mama Elephant Scripty Hello;
Inks: Distress Inks Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, and Stormy Sky, Ranger Black Archival;
Copics: E000, E00, E11, E21, BV20, R20, B0000, B000, YG08, YG13, G14, Y04, Y06, Y13, Y21, YR24, RV13, RV21, RV42, N1, N3, C1, W7;
            

 Everything else: Viva Pearl Modeling Cream, stencil created using Silhouette Cut File

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute! Great colouring job. I'm still in the process of learning and admire those have seem to have mastered the technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sitting a spell with me.