Saturday, March 21, 2015

Unforgettable

I back using that cutie from WPlus9. 

  I had to make another birthday card for my nephew since my oldest son took the amazing distress card to give to his girlfriend’s mother for her birthday.   I think the next card he needs he will have to make on his own (smile).  

I cut my focal panel using the die from Mama Elephant’s Sew Fancy die set.  The die leaves a lovely x stitch all the way around the panel.  Next, I stamped my little elephant using Tuxedo Black in what I believed to be close to the center of the card.  I also stamped him two more times on some scrap Hammermill that I have so I could color one to place on this card and have one to color later for another card.  I then stamped one balloon off to the left of him and before I stamped the second I turned the string to make it look like the elephant was holding it and removed some of the ink that was towards the end of the stamp.   

I grabbed some green cardstock and using the Sew fancy die I cut two pieces and then used Mama Elephants Landscape trio to cut the hills.  Now it was time to finally do what I really enjoy, which is coloring.  I colored my elephant first on the scratch piece and die cut him out using the coordinating die. I then colored my balloons and used a little clear glaze for a highlight area on both of them.  I used a Hero Arts star stencil from the sky pair and sponged some wild honey to add a little more interest around him without having to add sequins.  

I stamped my sentiment using Versafine watermark and sprinkled Judikins white detailed embossing powder and set it in place.  All that was left after that was mounting everything.  The first hill is flush with the card panel; the second hill is on with some of the harbor freight double sided tape I mentioned last week.  I also used that same tape to put my elephant on so everything was the same height.  The party hat is stamped using Mama Elephant’s Pacific Blue pigment ink and die cut with the coordinating die when it was dry. 

Supplies used:
Paper: Gina K Ocean Mist for base, Hammermill #100 for image and focal panel, Recollections green for hillsides;
Stamps and Dies: WPlus9 Unforgettable, Mama Elephant Landscape Trio and Sew Fancy;
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Wild Honey Distress Ink, Mama Elephant Pacific Blue pigment ink, and Versamark;
Copics: W00, W02, W04; RV13, RV17, RV79, BV04, BV08, BV17;
            
 Everything else: Hero Arts Stencil Pair Sky, Judikins Embossing Powder, Multi Matte Medium, HFT Mounting tape, and Sakura Black and Clear Glaze pens.                          


Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet card- that elephant is so sweet and love the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little elephant! The stars and balloons make it so festive :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and sitting a spell with me.